Welcome to Alpha 0.52 of GRAFICA Obscura, my evolving computer
graphics notebook. This is a compilation of technical notes,
pictures and essays that I've accumulated over the years. For
maximum enjoyment, check the viewing notes provided.
- Paper and Plotter: A 3D Surface
- One of my first computer graphics projects is shown here.
- Laser Cutting for Rapid Manufacturing
- An overview of
laser cutting along with short
descriptions of three projects that explore laser
- Geometric Paper Folding: Dr. David Huffman
- A look at some of the nice folded paper structures created by Dr. Huffman
at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
- Paper and Light
- An inexpensive lamp made from a string of Christmas tree lights and
small pieces of folded paper.
- A Paper Folding Project
- Here are step by step instructions on how to make a
folded paper sculpture.
- Japanese English Advertising Slogans
- Beautiful and poetic word combinations from Japan.
- The Impressionist
If you have a JAVA enabled browser, try The Impressionist.
This is a paint program that lets you create a painted representation
of a photograph.
- A collection of digital pictures. This includes
photographic and synthetic images.
- Synthetic Lighting for Photography
- Modifying photographic lighting as a post process.
- The SGI C Source Compliance Drawing
- Isn't style as important as (f)utility? Should you indent 4 or 8?
Here's the SGI way to write fashionable C code.
- A Note on Shadows
- A quote from Carlos Castaneda about shadows.
- A paint program that uses dynamics to filter mouse positions.
- The SGI Typeface Collection
- Here's a booklet showing various typefaces designed at SGI over the
last few years.
- Futurist Programming Overview
- Background on the Futurist Programming movement. For open minds only.
- A Multifocus Method
for Controlling Depth of Field
- This technical note describes a technique for combining several images to
increase or control depth of field in photography.
- Properties of Light
- A note on the properties of various kinds of light. This
describes lighting in terms of fall off, diffusion and wrap.
- Image Merging
- Creating an accurate panorama from a series of independent
images is hard, but not impossible using a projective warp.
- Image Interpolation and Extrapolation
- Linear interpolation can be used to implement many
image processing operations efficiently. Here we show how
to control contrast, color saturation, and image sharpness.
- Matrix Operations for Image Processing
- The same four by four matrices that are commonly used to transform
3D points may also be used to transform RGB colors.
- Texture Mapping Applications
- Many unusual uses for texture mapping are surveyed in this technical paper.
- Image Production for the Web
- Tools and hints for creating images for HTML documents.
- GRAFICA Obscura in Print
- Information on the portable version of GRAFICA Obscura.
The GRAFICA Outpost
Come see experiments in progress in the GRAFICA Outpost. Rants, CGI hacks, the FIAT LUX conference
proceedings and many harmless distractions.
This material will be presented here in the future.
In the mean time, please explore.